Please go to our new home on the web - click here.
Happy New Year!
Because you care, you have been a part of our journey, and the Wake Forest Elementary School, PTA Board would like to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season!
We know you agree that your child(ren) along with all of our 600 students and 80 plus faculty members deserve to learn and work in a safe and caring environment. Parent involvement is key in creating student success and supporting Wake Forest Elementary.
The WFE PTA strives to promote activities that enhance the joy and well being of Wake Forest Elementary students and staff in a way that complements and enriches the learning environment. We advocate on behalf of students, staff and the school, build community within the school, enhance the relationship among the school, parents, and the wider community, and encourage the community’s investment of time, energy and money into Wake Forest Elementary.
Our school success depends on the support of the members of the WFE PTA to achieve these goals…and to do that, we need your help. Together we can do so much more.
What Will Your Gift Make Possible?
- $25 provides a gift card for the Gift of Reading.
- $50 provides much needed supplies for a classroom.
- $100 provides PBIS Tickets and prizes such as popcorn, Popsicles or movies for the approved movie library which are used for the Positive Behavior Intervention Supports program.
- $250 provides the annual membership dues of the Watch D.O.G.S program or mulch and plants for campus beautification.
- $500 provides an educational workshop, author visit or cultural program for students or the annual licensing fees so each of our students has in-school and at home access to the new Moby Max learning website to support the Common Core curriculum.
We are asking you to give our school much-needed help so we can continue to equip tomorrows leaders, today. We are excited about working with you to continue supporting our students, teachers and staff with the ever growing list of needs. If you are interested in making a tax-deductible year-end gift, please visit our webstore before midnight on December 31 (Tuesday) or mail your contribution to:
Wake Forest Elementary
136 W. Sycamore Ave.
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Year-end gifts sent by mail must be postmarked December 31 to be tax-deductible for 2013. Donation receipts will be mailed out by January 31 for the 2013 tax year.
Visit our webstore: click here to make your tax-deductible donation today.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to all that the new year will bring.
~The WFE PTA Board of Directors
Saturday, December 7th
WFE Family Day at Triangle Town Center
Choir Performing at 1:30 pm
Story Guest Readers from 2pm - 6pm
Browse Artwork throughout shop Barnes & Noble Art Show participants
Mrs. Broders | Mrs. Bedics | Ms. Eagle | Ms. Busko
Ms. Schneider | Mrs. Lim | Ms. Carter
Can't make it Saturday? Shop online at BN.com through December 12.
Enter WFE bookfair number: 1122319 when promoted. All proceeds to benefit the Technology and Media Center.
Dine at California Pizza Kitchen any time on December 7
and 20% of all sales donated to WFE!
Get in the holiday spirit and enjoy the season!
The Wake Forest Elementary PTA held its first General Meeting of the 2013-14 school year on Thursday, September 19th to discuss upcoming initiatives and vote on the proposed budget. A quorum of at least 20 PTA members need to vote and adopt the budget and with only 14 members in attendance, we were unable to pass the budget.
Unfortunately, this means that WFE PTA must cease any expenditures until we are able to have the support of our PTA members in passing the budget for the 2013-14 school year.
On Wednesday, October 2nd at 5:30 pm in the Wake Forest Elementary Auditorium we will have joint information session with Jones Dairy Elementary to discuss the upcoming Wake County School Bond Referendum.
Immediately following, we will present the budget for review with the WFE PTA membership. Please join us to learn about the great things your WFE PTA has in store for this year and be a part of making it happen!
Welcome to Wake Forest Elementary and welcome back to all of our families!
Congratulations to WFE parents, teachers and community who helped make a difference this past year in the education, health, and safety of our community’s children. Achieving these goals wouldn't be possible without your support! Thank you!
Because of the involvement of last year’s members the Wake Forest Elementary PTA was able to achieve these goals and provide the following resources during the 2012-13 school year:
- WFE PTA was one of 25 National PTA award winners who received $2000 for the Healthy Lifestyles Energy Balance 101 Grant which will help us continue to educate and inspire healthy lifestyle initiatives for the Wake Forest Elementary community.
- Improved the safety and equipment on both campus playgrounds. Purchased new playground equipment - Eclipse Net Climber and 2 Toss Up Ball Games, built retaining wall to preserve current surfacing and keep rocks & sand of sidewalks.
- Provided nearly $15,000 in student enrichment programs and support including:
- Writer in Residence for fourth grade with children’s book author Kelly Starling Lyons.
- Moving to Learn Workshops for our Autism, PreK, K, first, second and third grade classes.
- School-wide assembly with Mad Science
- Pirate Captain Jack presented by local storyteller Claire Ramsey for all grades.
- All grades experienced the night sky inside the Starlab Mobile Planetarium.
- STEM workshops
- Website subscriptions for several educational resources and programs.
- Supplied specialists with needed supplies for Art, PE, Media/Technology and Music.
- Supported Extra-curricular programs including Student Council and Choir.
- Provided grants for certified staff, teachers and extra-curricular groups to support student learning.
- Funded PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention Supports) program including: Quarterly student celebratory breakfasts, class cafeteria Popsicle rewards, supplied reward tickets, Wheel of Wow prizes of popcorn, Popsicle, chewing gum and purchased approved movie viewing library.
Just imagine what we can do this year with YOUR help! We also invite you to join us at the Welcome Back Coffee followed by a short business meeting, September 19, at 8:45 am in the cafeteria. We know it’s a busy time - pop in and catch up before heading out.
If you have not taken the opportunity to renew your membership yet, please contact Sara Kathryn Edmunds or click here to join PTA online. We also invite you to join us or at our next membership renewal event and general meeting on September 18, 9:15 am in the auditorium.
Don’t miss out on receiving current PTA member benefits including:
- Our Children digital magazine;
- Two PTA advocacy e-newsletters: PTA Takes Action and PTA Parent;
- Access to exclusive member content on the PTA.org website;
- Online e-learning or workshop training at state and national PTA conferences
- Discounts on national sponsor products
Stay connected on the local, state, and national levels of PTA by renewing your membership now! We look forward to helping your child succeed.
We purchased the Eclipse Net Climber!
WCPSS meet us part way with a Parent Volunteer Matching Grant award! Thank you to ALL who helped make this vision a reality.
~ Next Up ~
Playground Community Build and Back 2 School Beautification! We need many hands to help prepare the playground and as back-to-school is beginning to pop up in our daily routine, the beautification committee is starting to clean up the campus and map out areas for further enhancements as the mission continues...
Just Go Outside - 2 Play, 2 Learn, 2 Grow!
We are anxious to have a bright, cheerful setting greet everyone on August 26th! We welcome any material, labor or volunteer of equipment for the following areas:
- engineered wood fiber "mulch"
- bark mulch (preferably brown)
- power washing & painting
- bright colored outdoor paint
- perennials, hostas, ferns, shrubs
Please contact Erin Collins if you have time or donations or are interested in being a part of the 2013-2014 committee. We are also interested in any additional community contacts that could benefit this area.
Annual General Meeting
- Who: Members of the WFE PTA
- What: GENERAL MEETING
- When: Wednesday, June 5 @6:30pm
- Where: PDQ
11690 Northpark Dr.
Wake Forest, NC 27587
General Meeting Agenda
Year in Review
Awards & Accomplishments
Election for 2013 – 2014 Elected Officers
Slate of Candidates
- President: Sondra Triblehorn
- Treasurer: Kristen Smith
- Secretary: Brenda Miller
Purchase Approval of the Eclipse Net Climber
FRESH opportunity - PDQ & WFE offer special meal deals in support of our playground initiative. Get yours today!
- Principal's List
- Perfect Attendance
- PBIS Character Awards
- Student Council
- First in Fitness
- Special Olympians
- 5th Grade Service Team
- Chess & Cup Stacking Club Members
Any student who did not attend the event will receive medals after EOG"S by teachers. Thank you!
Celebrate our Teachers during PTA Teacher Appreciation Week!
Teachers play a key role in student success, and sometimes a simple “thanks” is all a teacher needs to feel valued. Take the time to celebrate your students’ teachers during 2013 PTA Teacher Appreciation Week May 6–10.
The decision to teach often comes with low-to-moderate pay, and around-the-clock hours. Support from families can ease the difficult work teachers do. PTA Teacher Appreciation Week is the perfect time to personally thank your child’s teachers for their sacrifices and support for children throughout the year. While appreciation alone will not reduce the challenges teachers face, it will let them know their efforts are not going unnoticed.
Here’s how you can honor teachers:
- Write letters and cards of appreciation to your child’s teachers throughout the week and ask how you can support them throughout the year. Don’t forget Specialists! (PE, Music, Art, Technology, Science and Media)
- Show your support for the tremendous work teachers do by volunteering in your child’s classrooms.
- Nominate your students’ teachers for local and national awards.
- Tell us on Facebook and Twitter how you plan to appreciate your students’ teachers using the hashtag #ThankATeacher.
- E-card: Send a graphic card via email to your students’ favorite teachers.
Since 1984, National PTA has designated the first full week in May as a special time to honor the men and women who lend their passion and skills to educating our children. Join us in making our teachers feel valued and appreciated!